A Better Life | Teen Ink

A Better Life

March 12, 2018
By Javier07 SILVER, Sacramento, California
Javier07 SILVER, Sacramento, California
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Carlos Galindo, an undocumented Mexican immigrant who is in search for A Better Life for his teenage son and himself. This movie provides a lot of emotion. It shows you a peak of what illegal immigrants go through or what certain families have to deal with. For Carlos and his teenage son, Luis Galindo, they encounter many difficulties while living in the city of Los Angeles, California.
   

In the movie A Better Life, Carlos has to deal of not making enough money and his teenage son who is on the verge of joining a gang. Carlos makes just enough to provide for his son Luis and for himself by working as a gardener. Though Luis just feels as if they need more, he isn’t satisfied with what his hardworking dad provides. Carlos gets a loan from his sister and finds a way to buy a truck illegally. Just as things are headed in the right direction, Carlos gets his car stolen. Carlos and his son are now on a mission to get the vehicle back.
   

Though Carlos and Luis track the thief down, turns out that the thief sold the truck. As Carlos and Luis take back the car from the pound illegally. You can say they stole what was theirs. Soon as Carlos and his son Luis thought they were going to go on with their lives, a police officer pulls them over. Carlos gets sent to prison and gets put under as a illegal immigrant. Carlos is getting deported and his son gets there to say his last goodbye before his father is sent away. His father is now deported but determined to find a way back to his son, still with hope on a search of A Better Life.