A Better Life | Teen Ink

A Better Life

By MoneyBagMo BRONZE, Sacramento, California
MoneyBagMo BRONZE, Sacramento, California

"All empires are created of blood and fire."

Do you ever wonder why problems find a way into your life? A better life has a lot to offer to viewers that see the movie reflecting on Hispanic culture. This movie gets into immigration and a strong viewpoint of Los Angeles. Carlos the father who is a gardener and Luis the son who has no mother.

Luis has attended high school but can’t manage to settle in as he has gangbanging friends & becomes a wannabe gang member with his girlfriend who tries to push him away from living a clean lifestyle. Carlos has a sister who lends them at least 12,000 from the families emergency fund to put down on a rent a truck that later got stolen by Santiago which is one of the workers. Luis & Carlos head to a restaurant to find Santiago and the truck.

Carlos can’t call the police to help out because he’s an illegal immigrant and one police stop would lead to a deportation. The story ends up with the father behind a deportation center while Luis is with Carlos sister. Luis a teenager doesn’t listen while his dad is being written up for deportation. Luis gets a chance to bring his father one bag and a chance to see him for the last time before getting deported back to Mexico. Luis ends up going to school and plays soccer.

This movie shows the viewpoint of L.A and how undocumented people can get their life torn apart with a single word deportation. Families are broken but ice won’t care. People are being deported but when will it end? In this movie it shows how a youngboy and his father get broken apart with no cost. At the end luis shows that he got better by staying at school and playing soccer while his deported father travels the North again to see his son.