Ed Edd n Eddy's Big Picture Show

There is a childhood show that every kid watches and love in the 21st century. The reason why can be that the show is elegant to being randomly funny, but either way there is always a good show that goes to the end with a bang or satisfies the watcher with a special. Some shows even have movies that either continue the show, like SpongeBob Squarepants or end the show. One of the arguably best-animated films of Cartoon Network has to go to one movie that ended a well-beloved cartoon that lasted from 1999 to 2009, a show that is rated 8.8 out of 10 in TV.  That movie is the Ed Edd n Eddy’s Big Picture show. The movie was released at the end of May 2009, and it was rated high throughout the reviews that the movie has.

The movie begins with a boy named Ed, who is not bright, but a strong kid that packs up his sack that can add a sense of restless in the atmosphere since through the series Ed is a positive teddy bear. Next is Edd, an intelligent boy who is called Double D, because of his name confusing Ed, that writes a note to his parents. Then Ed and Edd went to Eddy, a loud mouth scam specialist that loves money and would do anything for a jawbreaker. What happened, in the beginning, was that one of Eddy’s scams backfired that sends the Eds to leaving the Cal-de-Sac, escaping the wrath of the severely damaged neighborhood kids. Luckily, the Eds managed to flee while trying to find Eddy’s brother so that they will be protected from the neighborhood kids. Kevin, the bully to the Eds, and Nazz went on Kevin’s favorite bike, shepherd boy Rolf with his pig Wilver, and Johnny 2x4 and his wooded friend Plank who became two superheroes on a city bus. Two kids that weren’t in Eddy’s scam, Ed’s little sister Sarah and her friend Jimmy unintentionally went with the Kanker Sisters that loved the Eds and would do anything to protect the Eds from the kids. So throughout the whole movie, the Eds would travel to Eddy’s brother before the other kids do, but the entire time there were some clues are a postcard that later became an essential object in the movie.

This movie was one of the greatest films that I ever watched in my childhood because of the just the humor that it has, and the creativity that the whole cast made in the movie is indeed worth it. The scenes that have the Eds are well made, and it is one of the highlights of the movie. The humor is like brilliant and can sometimes be creative with it. For example, Edd opened a can that has a snake inside as a predictable prank, but only to find that the can holds thousands upon thousands of snakes that nearly blew up the factory that the Eds were inside. That makes the prank unpredictable and speeding up the plot since now Kevin, and Nazz finally found out where the Eds were. Another can be when Rolf tries to find the Eds by frying an egg on the engine to dipping a muffin on butter that was layered on a car seat. However, the only disadvantage that I would say is a series of scenes that deal with Kevin and Nazz. The only thing I have to say is that the idea of Nazz being rejected over by Kevin with his bike is almost like Shaggy choosing Scooby over Velma in Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated, not to mention Nazz gets beaten up every single time she was on the scene. I can feel bad and yet rooting for Nazz whenever she gets mad at Kevin and when one time she threw the bike to the tree. Although it was the one that made it hard to like them, it did foreshadow what happens to the Eds.

The best scene in the whole movie would be when Edd finally snapped Eddy for pranking him, which leave Edd to break up with Ed and Eddy. Eddy then, with tears streaming, he admits that he is nothing but a big wannabe loser. That can surprise any Ed Edd n Eddy fan because through the series, there wasn’t a moment where Eddy admits that he regrets the scams he makes, the mistakes he did, and it makes the moment sincere and makes the audience to feel once sorry for Eddy. Edd forgive Eddy, and that resolution they used was original that can qualify for making the movie the best that Cartoon Network did.

As a big Ed Edd n Eddy fan, I am pleased with what the creator Danny Antonucci did with Cartoon Network. The characters are developed through the movie that gives us relatable and human-like characters, make the audience laugh, and the plot that is on a good pace that won’t bore the watchers while won’t rushing the story. I completely recommend for those are fans of the show, and doesn’t like the show just to give it another try. For those that never heard of the show, I recommend to watch an episode of it from Youtube and then watch the movie so that you will get the backstory and the general idea of characters and story.

Amelia111This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 2:02 pm
I've never seen it, but it sounds pretty good maybe Ill watch it.
WolfWhisperer0911This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
today at 4:16 pm
@Amelia111 You should, it's really good! Like I said in the article, I suggest to watch an episode of the show first, then watch the movie.