Kong: Skull Island | Teen Ink

Kong: Skull Island

By Bel_55 SILVER, Hemet, California
Bel_55 SILVER, Hemet, California

There have been seven King Kong movies so far and one on the way, making Kong: Skull Island, another addition to an already great series of movies. Kong: Skull Island met all the expectations I set for it as a walked into the theater, and managed to exceed them as well. The adventure begins when Bill Randa (John Goodman) makes a shocking discovering of an uncharted island in the Pacific. In need for someone to lead him and his crew through the island he hires Captain James Conrad (Tom Hiddleston), a rugged tracker who isn’t afraid of anything. He also hires Mason Weaver (Brie Larson), an anti-war photographer and collects a regiment of army men to protect them, with their group leader being Preston Packard (Samuel L. Jackson). The group goes through a number of challenges to get into the island, including flying helicopters through an electrical storm. And to their disbelief, once they break through the storm a giant gorilla attacks them, which Bill Randa knew was there all along but neglected to tell the others. After the first attack the adventures lose half their men and eventually divide into two groups. While venturing on the island, the groups discovers there’s a number of nasty beasts, but despite this, there is civilization. Hank Marlow (John C. Reilly) is a stranded World War 2 pilot who leads this civilization and also adds humour to the thrilling adventure. Overall, Kong: Skull Island is an outstanding movie filled with excitement, humour, and very very large animals that deserve to be seen on a big screen.