10 Things I Hate About You

Although this movie came out in the late 1990s, it remains a family favorite and now I can see why. With an outrageous cast of Julia Stiles (Kat Stratford), Heath Ledger (Patrick Verona), Joseph Gordon-Levitt (Cameron), and Larisa Oleynik (Bianca Stratford). The lead roles also have great supporting characters like Michel Eckson, Chastity, Mr. Morgon, Mrs. Perkys, Joey Donner, and Mr. Srtatford.

The film starts with Cameron at his first day of Padua High School in Seattle. He meets Michel Eckson and they become fast friends. Michel is Cameron's tour guide and helps Cameron date the most popular girl in school, Bianca Stratford. They are temporarily stumped when they learn that Bianca can't date unless her older sister, Kat, does. Since Kat is a 'particularly hideous breed of loser,' they have problems finding someone willing to date her. Michel and Cameron construct a plan to get Joey Donner to pay Patrick Verona to date Kat. Since what she doesn't know won't hurt her'right?

10 Things I Hate About You is a romantic comedy that defiantly deserves five gold stars. Rolling Stone finds the movie 'Devilishly Entertaining!' and I couldn't agree more. Director Gil Junger does a great job keeping the suspense up and the laughs rolling. Another great aspect is the awesome sound track! Everything from rock to hip-hop keeps a great balance during scenes.

The only downside of this movie: it's so old it's hard to find, but if you do manage to get a copy, pop it in and get some popcorn. Beware though, this movie is rated PG-13 for mature content!

This article has 1 comment. Post your own!

Nicole K. said...
i love this movie. i know all the lines by heart.