Finding Dory | Teen Ink

Finding Dory

By lanekirkpatrick SILVER, Carbondale, Colorado
lanekirkpatrick SILVER, Carbondale, Colorado

Finding Dory directed by Andrew Stanton and Angus Maclane, adds a whole new level of depth to it’s predecessor Finding Nemo, and a fresh element of comedy that appeals not only to it’s younger viewers but, it’s older ones as well.

In the latest addition to the Finding Nemo saga, the roles have been reversed, with Dory in the lead and with Marlin and Nemo’s story being more if a subplot. The film opens with a touching yet tragic look into Dory’s past as she struggles both to find and remember her separated family before the events of Finding Nemo and immediately directs all attention towards Dory as the now established main charter.

After receiving just enough flash backs to remember the address of her former home, Dory and the gang rush to find her vaguely remembered parents, only this time instead of their quest taking place primarily at sea, Dory’s journey mostly takes place within the walls of the “Marine life institute,” where she and her lost family were originally from.

The institute is scattered with all kinds of sea creatures with various mental and physical challenges to overcome with help from Dory as she conquers her own short term memory loss.

Over all the well animated, voiced and written story not only adds to the magic of Finding Nemo in a subtle but asked for way, but does a beautiful job of celebrating standing out.