Captain America: The Winter Soldier | Teen Ink

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

May 20, 2016
By Jules327 BRONZE, Gainesville , Florida
Jules327 BRONZE, Gainesville , Florida
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Exhilarating and action-filled, Marvel’s Captain America: The Winter Soldier is a watch-it-again  movie that keeps you on the edge of your seat the whole time. I thoroughly enjoyed this film and it is one of my ultimate favorite movies. If you love thrill movies, I highly recommend watching Captain America: The Winter Soldier, where every scene, especially the fight ones, are superb and attention-grabbing.


The movie sets place in contemporary New York City, where Steve Rogers/Captain America (Chris Evans) is continuing to familiarize himself to the prevailing popularities and modern technologies of today’s world. It seems as though Captain America has come from simpler times, where war was straightforward: the good and bad sides were clearly shown. But now, as Steve is working for S. H. I. E. L. D., he discovers startling aspects and secrets of the organization that leads him to a prevailing question: who and what am I really fighting for? Massive weapons and suspicious characters trigger internal struggles within Steve about his definition of freedom versus S. H. I. E. L. D.’s definition. The story continues to unfold where Captain America, Sam Wilson/The Falcon (Anthony Mackie), a new witty and dauntless character whom Steve befriended, and Natasha Romanova/Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson), a highly trained spy, are being avenged upon by villainous characters, including the infamous Winter Soldier. To all appearances, the Winter Soldier is an immortal, man-of-steel, competent assassin. However, viewers subsequently fathom who he is and the reasons for his actions.


The actors and actresses phenomenally portray their characters in Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Depth and emotion was excellently conveyed by Chris Evans within his character. This gifted actor can give you the sense that he really did live through the struggles and pains of Captain America’s past, by the way he perfectly displays the emotion, body language, and countenance of his role. Evans has fully grasped the character of Captain America.
Spunky, confident, agile, and quick-witted are just a few characteristics that none other than Scarlett Johansson can personate. The performance of her dialect and expression gives just the right amount of spice Natasha Romanova/Black Widow needs to be staged correctly. Although Romanova’s professional confidence seems to be her major personality trait, in brief moments throughout the movie Johansson shows profundity in her character, like Chris Evans, that she additionally has had endeavours from the past that scar her today.


Although Sam Wilson/The Falcon was a new character introduced to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, he stole people’s hearts with his charm and wittiness. His superpower was also impressive, adding exciting action scenes in the film. Furthermore, it was enjoyable to see Wilson befriend and support Rogers in his time of need. Anthony Mackie was a quintessential choice to be play this role, as he added amusing and comical disposition in a way only Mackie can present.


There were countless elements of Captain America: The Winter Soldier that made it overall an outstanding movie, including epic and well-choreographed fight scenes, budding romance, exceptional casting, talented CGI, and much more. Noticeably underlying themes took place in this film as well, such risking to lay down your lives for others, especially friends, and fighting for true freedom and what is right. I greatly commend the directors, team, and cast for contributing excellently to the creation of such a preeminent film.


The author's comments:

I hope people will appreciate and admire the cinematic universe, and know the hard work and excellency that is put in to making these special movies, as I do.