Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl | Teen Ink

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl

By Chris16 BRONZE, Circleville, Ohio
Chris16 BRONZE, Circleville, Ohio

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl is no doubt one of my favorite Disney movies. This movie of Pirates of the Caribbean has three main characters that it follows Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp), Will Turner (Orlando Bloom), and Elizabeth Swann (Keira Knightley).

The movie first starts with a young Elizabeth sing pirate songs on her journey to the new world when she sees a boy overboard. The crew  pick him up and Elizabeth’s dad tells her to accompany him, she finds out the boy's name is Will Turner and sees a pirate medallion that he is wearing. She takes it because she is afraid that if he is a pirate they will kill him.

Eight years later a pirate on a small one person fishing boat sails into Port Royal and tries to commandeer a ship from Port Royal and his name is Captain Jack Sparrow. He is stopped by guards of the naval docks and has a conversation with them. While on the same day Elizabeth is proposed by Commodore Norrington. She suffocates from her girdle  and falls over the cliff into the water and is saved by Captain Jack Sparrow.

Jack Sparrow is then captured by the Commodore and his men Will helped assist in the capture. The pirates of the Black Pearl capture Elizabeth that night because she has the medallion and they think that they need her for a blood sacrifice. So Will makes a deal with Captain Jack Sparrow, Will is going to release him from prison and Jack will help him get Elizabeth back. So they commandeer  a ship from the royal fleet.They sail to Tortuga and pick up a crew to fight the Pirates on the black pearl.

Jack’s first mate Mr.Gibbs tells Will that Jack was Captain of the Black Pearl but his last first mate had a mutiny against Jack. They stranded him on a deserted island and he escaped in three days. Jack has a pistol that they abandoned him with ten years ago and he is saving that shot for his last first mate Captain Barbossa. They sail to a hidden island where the Black Pearl will be and Jack and Will go ashore and Will ends up leaving him there with the Black Pearl’s crew and saves Elizabeth.

Captain Barbossa and his crew track down Will and take everyone hostage. They release Jack and Elizabeth where they abandoned Jack the first time. Elizabeth burns all the food and rum that Jack found on the island and the Royal fleet sees them and rescues them. Jack convinces Commodore Norrington to wait outside of the cave where captain Barbossa and his crew are.

So Jack goes in and tells Barbossa that a ship from the Royal fleet is just outside the cave and that they should wait on the blood sacrifice. So Barbossa sends his crew to take care of them. Jack gives Barbossa a speech about how he should trust the dishonest because they are predictable and to not trust the honest because they mess everything up. Then Jack frees Will and they fight the few remnants of the crew in the cave and battle Barbossa and they lift the curse and kill Barbossa. Will is engaged with Elizabeth and Jack escapes on his ship the Black Pearl.

Now that most of the story is there you know what it is about roughly if you haven't watched it before. I have watched this movie since I was three years old and I just recently watched it on Netflix. I got to say I love this movie it has a lot of fight scenes for a Disney movie. It has a great plot a pirate crew cursed forever to not die but not live. With Captain Jack Sparrow’s cunning brilliance at every second of the movie. He tries to trick everyone to do what he wants whether it works the way he planned it goes to his favor for the most part. It is what you would expect from a pirate movie everyone betraying each other. Action packed fight scenes, Pirates with a sense of humor, supernatural forces of the seas. It is and always will be one of my favorite Disney movies ever.