The Notebook | Teen Ink

The Notebook

By Kblan2015 BRONZE, Orient, Ohio
Kblan2015 BRONZE, Orient, Ohio

The movie “The Notebook” may be my favorite movie of all time.

This “The Notebook” movie is about a girl and boy that fall in love. They are about 21 years old. The girl in the story is named Allison "Allie" Hamilton  who is played by Rachel McAdams, The boy in the movie is Noah Calhoun who is played by Ryan Gosling.

Rachel was born into a rich family and her family was very stuck up. Noah was born into a middle class family that could barely get by. He meets Rachel and it was love at first sight. He knew he was going to date her as soon as he say her.

They met at the county fair. Rachel and her friends were at the fair. They decided to go on the ferris wheel, when they went on the ferris wheel Noah hung off the bar in front of her seat and asked her out. He told her if she didn't say yes he would jump off. She said yes.

She fell in love with him after the first date. It was a situation where her parents didn't like him because he was poor and didn't have money. They felt like he wasn't able to provide for their daughter the way they can. They try to get her to leave him but she argues and tells them that she loves Noah.

Noah and Rachel spent day and night. There were like two peas in a pod. They were inseparable. they had their ups and downs just like any relationship has but they were so in love they worked it out. On one of their dates Noah took Rachel to this old abandoned house. Rachel immediately fell in love with it and started talking about fixing it up and how the yard would be and how she loved it so much.

Rachel's parents hated how close she was getting to Noah and told her she wasn't aloud to see him anymore. They made her go to a college out of state. They made her tell him that she wanted it. He was very upset because they had planned their whole life together.

When she left she was still in love with him and he still loved her. He wrote her letters everyday for the past year and she never responded. He decided to work and buy that house that Rachel loved so much. He made it just the way she said she wanted it

When she came back he was mad because she never answered his letters. She told him she never got letters from him and he was confused. She went to her mom and asked her if she knew anything about it. Her mom told her that she did and Rachel was mad. Her mom told her that she was doing it to help her and make her a better person. Rachel was infuriated because the whole time she thought Noah hated her and didn't care about her anymore.

Noah and Rachel went to see the house that Noah rebuilt for her. She fell in love with it even more than she did the last time she saw it. She felt like he really cared about her. She felt bad for all the stuff she had said to him about not caring anymore.

Noah and Rachel lived in that house which was later turned into a nursing home. This nursing home housed Noah and Rachel. Rachel got diagnosed with Dementia and completely forgot their whole story. She forgot everything she didn't even know her name or his name all she knew was what Noah told her.

Noah wrote this book of their story and he read it to her everyday and she didn't understand it but she later found out that the story was about them everything that happened in the movie is read out of the book so it's like a big flashback.

I personally love “The Notebook” because I feel like it really shows the power of love and that if something go wrong there is always a way to fix it. I think the movie is a great movie to just sit down and watch with your spouse or loved one and show them how you truly feel about them and how much they mean to you. The power of love is an amazing thing it can get you through life and you always have a shoulder to cry on.

Noah and Rachel n ever thought they were going to get together but they did because there is someone out there for everyone it's just finding that special someone you want to spend the rest your life with.