Hot Pursuit | Teen Ink

Hot Pursuit

By brees13 BRONZE, ORLANDO, Florida
brees13 BRONZE, ORLANDO, Florida

Hot Pursuit is an action movie about a cop who has to escort Daniella and take her to Dallas so her husband can testify against a drug lord. As Cooper goes to pick up Daniella, two gunmen and two cops start a shootout to kill her husband and kidnap her. Copper and Daniella go on a road trip to reach Dallas in time. Two of the  cops follow them, and they escape in the back of a trailer. They steal cars, go in high speed chases, and run for their lives so they can get to Dallas in time for the testimony.

In the beginning, Cooper and Daniella didn't get off to the best start as her escort officer.

Daniella: Oh please! Look at you! You are teeny tiny! You look like a little dog that I can put in my purse.
Officer Cooper: I can assure you, ma'am, that I meet the minimum height requirement of an adult female my weight.

Daniella didn't think that Cooper was gonna be able to protect her on their journey to Houston, because of how small she was. Cooper's dad was an officer whoeveryone looked up to. Cooper wanted to be just like him, but sadly for her job, she hasn't been on the field before until now. She wanted to complete her job so she could be in the field more and live up to her dad.   

News Reporter: Officer Cooper stands at four feet, 11 inches.
Cooper: “Oh, come on!”... “I am five-foot, two”
News Reporter: The other suspect, a 45-year-old Latino woman.
Daniella Riva: 45? My madre!...

As the journey began, many people were after the fugitives, but to realize that they were talking about themselves. They were all over the news and everyone was starting to  look for them. Cooper and Daniella were in high speed chases, shoot outs, and fights. The more time they spent together, the more they become friends and trusted each other.

Reese Witherspoon played in many movies like Legally Blonde, Sweet Home Alabama, This means war, four christmases, etc.  Sofia Vergara stars in Modern Family,  The Smurfs, chef, etc. Both of these actresses star in mostly comedy movies. Personally I think these two actresses should do more movies together because they are really funny, and this movie was amazing. 

I loved this movie and it was better than i thought it was going to be. I recommend this movie to anyone who loves to have a laugh or to be on the edge of their seat for an action movie. At the end, a huge plot twist will happen that I did definitely not see coming, you will never expect the ending! This movie is no longer in theaters, but if you missed it you could always watch it on Netflix, rent it, or buy it for about $20 at your local store.