Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone | Teen Ink

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

September 30, 2015
By wiebe BRONZE, Edmonton, Hawaii
wiebe BRONZE, Edmonton, Hawaii
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Harry Potter is a really good movie it is action packed full of action and never still. The way that the movie was set up it was always exiting and you were always anticipating what was going to happen next. Sometimes the movie could startle you and other times it would just give something to laugh about, there was also jokes that were funny. There are three main characters their names are Harry Potter, Harmony and Ron. Harry potter is a newbie at Hogwarts he was raised by his uncle Vernon, Aunt petunia and Cousin Dudley. Harry Potter was raised as second hand his aunt and uncle and cousin treated him very baldy they tried to hide him from the world so that he would not be able to learn wizardly. They hid the letters that would allow him to go, they would either hide them or burn them depending when they were sent. Herminie is a know it all she is really smart and know more spells than both Ron and Harry, she is the one that usually gets them out of tight spots. Ron comes from a big family his family has gone threw this school for a long time and many brothers are still in the school and he has a younger sister they are all in the Griffins house together.

 

When Harry finally gets to be able to go to Hogwarts he finds out that he is a wizard and gets put in the Griffin house along with Ron and Herminie. The plot in the movie is that there is a wizard and he wants to take down Hogwarts and kill Harry, later they find out it was Lord Voldemort that killed Harry's parents and now he wanted to come after harry. The plot thickens even more when they find out that Voldemort wants to find a stone that will make him young forever and strong enough to take down Harry. Now Voldemort has the stone but Harry takes it from him and they fight for it, Harry wins and kills Voldemort at least he thinks he does. Then Harry passes out and wakes up in the infirmary and tells the story of what happened to him and Voldemort and gives the stone to Dumbledore who destroys the stone for good.


The actor who plays Harry, Daniel Radcliffe, really portrays his character well, some of the scenes would be hard to portray but he does it really well. He probably had to work really hard to get the movie just right and make sure that everything he did portrayed the book almost exactly. The movie is pretty close to the book there was some parts that could have been closer to the book that could have made the movie even better. My favorite part of the movie was when he met Herminie and Ron and gets put into the Griffin house. I would definitely recommend this movie to anybody who has read the book or not because the movie is just that good.


The author's comments:

I reallly liked this movie and thought that others might like to see it too.