Amazing Racer | Teen Ink

Amazing Racer

September 29, 2015
By Camo1 BRONZE, Vauxhall, Arizona
Camo1 BRONZE, Vauxhall, Arizona
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Amazing Racer aka Shannon’s Rainbow came out in 2009, the genre of the movie is drama. Frank E. Johnson directed this movie. A 17-year-old girl named Shannon (Julianne Michelle) faces and overcomes hardship with the discovery of the mother she never knew and then comes to live with her mom in Pennsylvania. With her father dying in the beginning of the film Shannon has to learn from a friend of the family that her father participated in kidnapping her from her mother Christine (Claire Forlani) moments after birth. She gets involved in the lives of Christine's boyfriend Eric and his nephew Brandon and niece Rio. They have a stables that works in harness racing and have been bringing along a filly that Shannon got attached to in the first few minutes of seeing her, she then gets to name her and she calls her Rainbow.

Eric and those around him are targets of a spiteful grudge held by the rich Mitchell Prescott who buys the filly for $15,000 in a claiming race she was entered in for experience. Having her beaten until nearly dead for the sin of having a mind of her own and an unshakable preference for Shannon. Eric is alerted to this and tracks down the horse van en route to the location where Rainbow is due to be slaughtered and buys her back for $400. The filly is returned to Shannon's care and a trainer with a murky past Max (Louis Gossett, Jr). is given the task to return her to health. They move Rainbow to a neighboring farm to train her to racing fitness for the Pennsilvnia cup while avoiding a spy at Parker stables. Then Shannon and Rainbow head to the Pennsilvnia cup and they win the race.