The Body Snatchers | Teen Ink

The Body Snatchers

By TuPacLives BRONZE, Jackson, New Jersey
TuPacLives BRONZE, Jackson, New Jersey

"I hate quotes" me

The movie “The Body Snatchers” is a metaphor for the red scare. The movie starts off with Miles heading back to his old town to find things are strange, restaurants are empty, people who call in sick are suddenly better, and people don’t think there family members are really them. It turns out pods form space have taking over the town turning every on into pod people Miles finds this out and runs to the nearest city screaming in the streets like lunatic. But the whole story is a metaphor. The pods came from seeds, the seeds of communism, and it took over the town. People lost their individuality, their feelings, and all the other characteristics of a true American. There was no I only us they’ll say and will stop at nothing till the whole world is turn to pod people, or communism. Now the original author went the metaphor route so they would not expect him of communism. The government was every afraid of communist propaganda in American media, so he did it to protect himself.
And he’s was not the only one to take the metaphor route the author of the crucible wrote a book about the witch hunts in America. A group of little girls accused just about everyone in town until they went too far and accused the judge and lost their credibility just like McCarthy the leader of the communist witch hunts, but this metaphor was so clear that he still got in trouble with McCarthy which is also the last name of Miles in the “Body Snatcher”. Clearly there is no denying that this movie was a Metaphor and people were scared of not just communism but the people who hunted them too.