Under The Same Moon by Patricia | Teen Ink

Under The Same Moon by Patricia

March 13, 2015
By Anonymous

                                                                                 “Under The Same Moon”
by Patricia Riggen
                                                                                                 
Under The Same Moon is a movie about a nine-year old  boy named Carlos Reyes who illegally entered the U.S. to find his mom. Carlitos mom Rosario moved to Los Angeles , leaving her mom and son for 5 years. Carlitos couldn't live without his mother. Carlos met a guy named Enrique who worked with him. Enrique was going to New york but he helped Carlos to get to his mom by going with him on the bus , Carlos needed an adult to travel. Both of them faced many challenges, from having nowhere to sleep and barely having enough money to get food.

I really like this movie because of the urban drama and the sadness. This movie shows most of the challenges people face when they try to come to the U.S. for a better life. I would recommend this movie to people that wonder what immigrants go through when they try come to the U.S.

I feel sad for those that risk a lot of their life and their children to get a better life. Most of them get caught and get deported to their miserable country without that many opportunities.