Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit | Teen Ink

Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit

By jd3243 BRONZE, Arlington, Texas
jd3243 BRONZE, Arlington, Texas

One of the most interesting movies that I have watched on Netflix is Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit. The action, thriller, and dramatic story gets me thinking about how difficult it is to work as a CIA agent. In this movie, Jack must accomplish his undercover mission in order to save the people in the United States from the Russians.
Jack is a U.S marine second lieutenant and has to fight in the attack of 9/11; however, he is severely injured when a grenade is thrown at the helicopter he’s in. His legs become paralyzed but because of his tenaciousness, he fights himself to become a walker again. Practicing day and night at the hospital, Jack forces his legs to walk with the support and love from a medical student, Cathy.  Jack is able to walk again after 10 years and is recruited as an undercover CIA agent analyst by Thomas Harper, to work on Wall Street to find out what the Russians are doing with their funds.

Full of suspense and action, this movie is one to make your heart race. I love how the director has structured the scenes in a way where it seems very realistic; however, I think it would’ve been better if there were less predictive events integrated in the story. Overall, I would rate this move a 7 out of 10.