Ted | Teen Ink

Ted

January 28, 2015
By Chasereber SILVER, Dennison, Minnesota
Chasereber SILVER, Dennison, Minnesota
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Many young kids’ best friend is a teddy bear. But, what if that teddy bear was alive? Would the bear grow up or would it just stay the same? The movie, Ted, answers these two questions in a wild and humorous way. Ted is a very funny comedy and will be a classic for a very long time. Ted is a great movie because of the plot, the characters, and the director.


The begins with a little boy on Christmas morning opening his gift. He is ecstatic when he figures out that it is a stuffed teddy bear. On Christmas night, he wishes that his bear could talk and function like a human being. The wish comes true and Johnny gets a new best friend. Being able to talk, Ted becomes a very big celebrity. The movie talks about what happens when the teddy bear and the kid, Johnny, grows up. Ted does not grow up and act like a teddy bear should. He acts like a horrendous teenager. Smoking weed, drinking beer and watching Flash Gordon were Ted and Johnny’s favorite activities. That is what makes the movie so funny. I thought the characters made the movie much better.


The characters and the cast were perfect for the movie. Mark Wahlberg played the character, Johnny. When you think of Mark Wahlberg you think of a tough guy, but in this movie he is far from tough. When your bestfriend is a teddy bear, it is hard to think of him as a mean guy. Lori is Johnny’s girlfriend and wants Ted to move out. This creates quite the frenzy and forces Johnny to make a very tough decision. Ted is Johnny’s best friend. Playing the character Ted, Seth Macfarlane really makes the show more wacky. Seth Macfarlane also made the movie.
Seth Macfarlane is the creator of Family Guy, Cleveland Show, and American Dad. I am a huge fan of Family Guy. He really carries over his humor from Family Guy to make Ted. I thought that his jokes were performed quite well. Playing in his own movie as Ted, he plays the part perfectly. It was great because he could sound like a lot of different people. As many people might know already, he plays many voices in Family Guy. When Ted tries to sound like other people, he does a great job and sounds like the person he was interpreting. I thought that Seth Macfarlane made a very clever movie.


I thought that Ted was an excellent film. I thought it was great because of the plot, characters, and the director. The movie shows that everything grows up, even a teddy bear. Ted grew up being a naughty stuffed animal. However, some parts in the comedy did get a little inappropriate. I believe that Ted will be a classic for the ages.