The Last Song | Teen Ink

The Last Song

January 28, 2015
By BaileyExley SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
BaileyExley SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Have you ever read a Nicholas Spark’s book? Well if you have not I will tell you about a story called “The Last Song”. The movie starts with a girl that had to move in with her dad and also thought the whole world was against her until she meet a boy named Will who is a guy just looking for love. But when he finds Ronnie, he knows she the one. Ronnie loves Will but is scared to open her heart to. Ronnie only opens up her heart to her dad steve played by Greg Kinnear, her brother Jonah played by Bobby Coleman and her on and off going boyfriend will played by LIam Hemsworth.

Steve is Ronnie dad who had gotten divorced, he  moved from New York where he met Ronnie’s mom to the state of Atlanta,Georgia where he bought a beach house right on the ocean.It was said to be that Steve had started a fire in a old little church by a lite candle when he was playing the piano but he also was in some type of medicatine his doctor perscribe for his back pain.The medication made him sleepy and he accidently fell asleep. When he woke up he was a cross the street from the church. over the years i was said to be his fault but what people did know was that Will and Scott(will’s brotherly like friend) where behind the church goofing around and drinking alcohol. Then Marcus and his bodies showed up and then that when will left. Scott and Marcus and his buddies were messing around with fire. That when some spilt boose and the fire mixed and lite the church on fire. Will and Scott later confuse to their actions to steve but what Will didn’t know was the Ronnie was over hearing the whole conversation. Steve was told that he had stomach cancer that was also leading up to his lungs but he would be able live long and only die slowly so he could spend more time living his life  if he had taken the medication regularly but said no knowing that he wanted to be with his children as himself with no type of medication to help him. Steve ended up dying at the end of the story while sitting on the porch eating breakfast.   

Will is Ronnie’s on and off going boyfriend who she first meets at a volleyball game when trying to hit the ball but then runs into ronnie and spills her strawberry shake all over her shirt after he sees what he did, he offers to buy her a new shirt but she says “no thanks,i’m good” and then walks away.After he ran after her he admitted that he was over by her just so the other team could catch their breath, then he asked her if she wanted to watch him play. After Ronnie discovered a turtle nest in her backyard and called the local aquarium so they could take care of the turtle nest but the aquarium said they would have to get it in the morning,but ronnie wasn’t ok with the thought of defenseless turtle being out all night without any protection.The next day a worker from the aquarium shows but it just happens to be bto be will and they start to flirt and they fall asleep and when the next morning he said it was the best first date of his life,but Ronnie didn’t think they should call it that until he offers to make it a first date if she goes to the aquarium.Then he brought Ronnie to watch his volleyball game, while Ronnie was walking over to get Will water his former ex girlfriend ran up to Ronnie and noticed that her hair was wet and said that Will took her to the aquarium and did a little underman water show and said that she was probably impressed and said he makes everyone special at least for a little while.When Ronnie told Will that she does not want to be with some local boy that has done it with a thousand other girl but Will said that those girl were before he meet Ronnie. When Ronnie told will not to blame it on her after she walked up close to him to yell at him. He said that she wasn’t like those girl, grabbed her a kissed her. When things got a bit more serious between them Ronnie meet his parents but what Ronnie didn’t know that he was rich, she just thought his dad one brake shop when actually his dad own three hundred just like it. While Ronnie was having dinner with Will’s family his dad mention his brother that died in a car crash the year before. When they were done ronnie when out on to their dock and Will started telling Ronnie about how it happened after he was done Ronnie told Will,but then she lets jonah in to her heart.


now jonah is Ronnie’s little brother played by bobby coleman. jonah has lived through it all with ronnie. the first time you could really tell that jonah really cared about his sister is when she was going to pick out a dress for Will’s sister wedding and told Ronnie that he doesn’t want will to break up with her just because she looks crappy at a wedding. when jonah found out about his dad dying he and his father were in the process of making a new stain glass window for the church that burnt down, he thought that if he finished the window it would make his dad get better.


but who will Ronnie open her heart to is the last question you should be thinking,it it Will,Steve(her dad) or jonah. both the book and the movie have their own potential but when you put them together it can create something amazing