Peter Jackson Film Series Coming to an End | Teen Ink

Peter Jackson Film Series Coming to an End

By Logan11Morrison SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
Logan11Morrison SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

On December 17th, “The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies” will be released in theatres nationwide. Hartland  residents can see it at  Hillside Theatres in Delafield. This will be Peter Jackson’s final contribution to the film adaptation of books written by J.R.R Tolkien.

“The Battle of Five Armies” is the last of the The Hobbit trilogy. The first was “The Hobbit: An unexpected Journey” and the second was “The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug.”

The movies are based off a novel written by J.R.R Tolkien called The Hobbit. J.R.R Tolkien also wrote The Lord of the Rings books. The Hobbit trilogy was created after The Lord of the Rings trilogy. Although in the books The Hobbit was created before “The Lord of the Rings.”

“The Lord of the Rings” movies have grossed over 3 billion in box office revenue making the trilogy one of the highest grossing series of all time. “The Hobbit” will add on to that revenue and so far the two Hobbit films have already grossed about 2 billion.

The third installation of “The Hobbit” follows Bilbo Baggins (Martin Freeman), a wizard named Gandalf (Ian Mckellen), and thirteen dwarves.

The third movie takes off from where the last movie ended. The dwarves have forced the dragon Smaug out of the Lonely Mountain, where the dwarves used to live. Smaug is now wreaking havoc Laketown and it’s up to the people to stop him. But Smaug is not the only danger, for an ancient force is rising in strength and building an army. Watch Bilbo and friends protect the mountain and battle foes in the final installment.

AHS Junior Kendall Bennett says, “I’m really looking forward to seeing the final movie, but it’s also sad to see one of the greatest series end.”

AHS junior Niki Economou says, “I’m not into fantasy movies and I don’t find them interesting at all.”

On Rotten Tomatoes, with over 150,000 votes, there is a 99% audience rating. This means 99% of people who voted want to see the movie.