Guardians of the Galaxy | Teen Ink

Guardians of the Galaxy

By Spoodermanderp PLATINUM, Quezon City, Other
Spoodermanderp PLATINUM, Quezon City, Other

Guardians of the Galaxy is hands down Marvel's early surprise Christmas gift. This movie had a spark and potential to be a one of a kind, yet once again Marvel handled it wonderfully.

It starts off with Peter Quill as his journey to steal a certain orb for the bounty, this leads to him meeting a ragtag of misfits, they team up to prevent the orb getting in to the wrong hands.

It seemed like a very ordinary story and I felt divided about this movie at first. I tried reading a couple Guardians comics and they had wonderful storylines, although these did not stop me from worrying about what the movie may turn out to. It turns out I was very, very wrong.

Guardians of the Galaxy is special, it's one of a kind and a very fun movie. Just like the previous Marvel movie (Captain America 2). This one had a simple plot, but a great execution. The specialness of this movie starts with the heroes. Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Bradley Cooper, Vin Diesel and even Batista!! Were perfectly cast for their roles. They were very enjoyable to see on screen even when some of them are all CGI. For me Christ Pratt and Bradley Cooper and even Vin Diesel as a talking tree all stole the show!

And since this is a Marvel movie, I have to mention how the action was very very excellent. The action scenes reminded me alot about Star Wars and Star Trek. The action was very exciting and thrilling as well, it will be sure to bring the inner childness of anyone who'll watch it. Another great thing about this movie is that it is NOT SERIOUS in a very good way. A technique Marvel has been using through out the years and proven to be successful. Although, other people have been saying that the villains are the low parts of this movie. However, this I do not all agree with. Ronan was a good villain. He was menacing, formidable and frightening. As for Nebula, she was only quite good. The main focus of this movie was the heroes, so the villains were put secondary and for that I did not mind.

If I were asked where I would place this in the ranking of all the Marvel Cinematic Universe films, I would put this on #2. Following the Avengers at #3 and Captian America 2 at #1.

With a special and one of a kind team, extremely funny humor and great emotional moments, great visuals filled with thrilling and exciting action, a fun and enjoyable 2 hours. And of course the awesome 70s - 80s soundtrack.

Guardians of the Galaxy is Marvel's huge and hilarious big middle finger to DC's "serious" tone and proves that superhero movies do not need to be "serious" to be good.

So, your move DC.

Verdict: 8.7/10