Big Hero 6 | Teen Ink

Big Hero 6

December 10, 2014
By Spoodermanderp PLATINUM, Quezon City, Other
Spoodermanderp PLATINUM, Quezon City, Other
36 articles 0 photos 0 comments

*SPOILERS AHEAD*

Big Hero 6 is definitely must see for any Disney and Superhero fans. It's light hearted, well executed, humorous and excellent even with it's flaws.

Baymax shines as the movie first introduces him. The theater were bursting out of laughter, yet he hasn't even started talking. He had such a simple and funny design that any kid or any adult will come to love him. The way he physically looks and the way he talks and walks is just downright hilarious and entertaining to watch. Hiro's character was just an extraordinary kid with an intellect that is beyond comparison. Sometimes his intellect becomes unbelievable to the point where you ask if this kid is even a 13 year old. His friends like GoGo, Honey Lemon and Wasabi were quite underdeveloped. The only character which I found interesting from the group was Hiro, Fred and Baymax. It was almost like as if the screen writers were pointing out to the screen that this is the goth chick, that blonde is the super nerdy and awkward chick, and that's the big nerd. Hiro's brother Tadashi was a total eye candy for girl audiences, yet he was great in his role as a sympathetic brother who cares a whole lot for Hiro. The animation was the high point of the whole movie. There were some parts where you are left wondering if you are watching a real live movie. The texture for the characters perfectly blended with the surroundings and background of the city. The animation is a clear landmark from Disney and it will sure be expected for future animated films. The plot was simple, yet enough to keep you engaged throughout the movie. The villain however, had a ludicrous and stupid motivation. The reveal that the villain was Callaghan was shocking, but when you further more think about his motives and why he is doing it, it was beyond stupid. To see a man go to great lengths just to get revenge and not do something more resourceful like trying to find a way to save his daughter is absolutely ludicrous.

Overall, with the flaws aside, it still was heck of an enjoyable movie. It will be sure to give you laughs and brighten up your family's day.

 

The Oscars are gonna have a hard time picking the Best Animation for next year.

 

+With Baymax completely stealing the show
+Hiro's character was equally entertaining
-Hiro's intellect is too much to the point where it is questioned.
-Underdeveloped characters (GoGo, Honey Lemon, Wasabi)

+Top notch animation
-The villain's motive was stupid considering the stuff that he did for it.

Verdict: 8.3/10