The Kite Runner | Teen Ink

The Kite Runner

By claudiia, GOLD, Caguas, Other
claudiia, GOLD, Caguas, Other

After watching the Kite Runner for a movie analysis in my history class I realized that this movie had literaly changed my life. This movie also expanded my knowledge in life cultures, in history, and it made me have a bigger respect for other cultures.

The Kite Runner is situated in Afghanistan and it shows the story of two young boys Hassan and Amir Jan, and how their lifes changed when the U.S.S.R invaded their country in 1976. The film shows how were lives of many refugees from that invasion that came to the U.S. How the different races that live in Afghan territory have social discrimination and segregation, and how different these people and their culture is from ours. It portrays greatly the emotional rollercoasters and challenges people like Amir and Hassan have had through their lives. The movie explains how hard the Taliban were and how innocent children lived in the country.

The Kite Runner is a very serious film that will never bore you. You won't what to take your eyes of it, and I guarantee you that when the movie finishes you will feel like it had a purpose and it affected you in a way. Then ending is a surprising one that will fill you with hope.

Everyone that has seen this movie has loved it, and I recommend it to anyone. I give this film 10 out of 10 stars.