Captain America the Winter Soldier | Teen Ink

Captain America the Winter Soldier

April 14, 2014
By ZackStrong BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
ZackStrong BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Captain America the winter soldier

Captain America the Winter Soldier is a brand new movie made by the company Marvel. Marvel makes a lot of superhero based movies like Thor and Ironman so most of their movie genres are action. Action is very popular in our society because it gets us away from the boring hum-drum of everyday life. Action fills us with adrenaline and a sense of awe which makes us feel good and like we are capable of accomplishing anything. Think about which one sounds more exciting sitting in a wooden chair, or jumping out of an exploding spaceship that’s 3000ft in the air while enemies shot at you from all around. I think the second one sounds a lot more exciting.



This film has a great spot in the action genre because it has massive amount of action in it. Captain America the Winter Soldier is roughly a 160 minute (two hours and forty minutes) movie and not a single minute of it is boring. During this movie we are introduced to a lot of interesting things including a very big surprise twist which I will explain down below and not a moment is without its suspense. In Captain America the Winter Soldier I would say roughly 120-130 minutes of it was nothing but action which for us action loves is perfect although I know some people are not into that kind of thing.




Captain America the Winter Soldier starts off like most movies were we get reintroduced to the main characters right off the bat. The movie starts with Steve Rodgers (AKA Captain America) running laps around a park in Washington D.C. it is during this time when we are also introduced to a new person who later becomes a valuable ally to Steve. Soon after this Captain America is whisked away on a missing to rescue a Shield ship that was hijacked in the Indian Ocean. During this time Black Widow is downloading top secret information that later leads to the death of Nick Fury. Later in the movie Nick Fury is driving down the street when he is attacked by the Winter Soldier and narrowly escapes with his life. Steve comes home to his apartment later were he finds a blood and beaten Nick Fury who tells Steve to trust no one. Seconds after that Nick is shot three times by a sniper and is rushed to the hospital where he dies.



This is a great movie because it is filled with lots of action and is funny. Near the end of this movie Steve fight’s the Winter Soldier on a helicarrier that is about to crash. Steve tells the Winter Soldier that his name is Bucky and they are friends and then Steve falls into the water and Bucky saves him. This is a really good movie and everyone should see it.