Twilight

Twilight

“Twilight”, an eerie love story based on the bestselling novels by Stephanie Meyer, is a captivating film that draws in its audience from the very beginning. The movie follows the story of Bella Swann (Kristen Stewart) after moving from sunny Arizona to the miserable little town of Forks to live with her dad, Charlie. She expects next to nothing from the move, save for same, gut-wrenching disappointment that caused her mother to leave Charlie seventeen years ago. All that changes on her first day of school, when she meets Edward (Robert Pattinson), her impossibly handsome lab partner who's hiding a terrifying secret: He's not entirely…human. By the time Bella realizes this, she's already fallen hard for the vamp, giving the story a modern twist on the forbidden romance of Romeo and Juliet.

Co-stars Pattinson and Stewart slip into their roles with seamless precision. Pattinson portrays Edward perfectly, making his inner struggle known to the audience; often with no words at all. Stewart, in turn, is the perfect image of Bella: just as beautiful as she is unsure of herself and everything that she stands for. Their chemistry on-set makes the love they have for each other seem tangible, to point where it feels like the audience is intruding on their most treasured memories.

Twilight, one of my favorite books for the last two years, has suddenly become one of my favorite movies as well. It's the perfect remedy for a broken heart, the kind of movie that makes you feel good even on the rainiest of days. The movie brings to life all the typical struggles of teen life, while simultaneously making you wish you lived in Forks after all.

Freckles3This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 7:18 pm:
Twilight itself is great and all, except for Kristen Stewart.... Anyway, great review, I love it!

SonzaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 23, 2012 at 4:00 am:
i think the book was the best movies is nice as one gets to see the heart warming ROB PAT!!  

TayTay101 said...
I loved twilight. It was the movie i had ever seen.

blahhhhh said...
Dec. 15, 2011 at 11:26 am:
this is stupid

NinjaHummingbird said...
Which review is this? I want to read it! We're both ninjas. (= I have the feeling that if I knew you we would be friends. Are you an MLIAer?

NinjaHummingbird replied...
Sept. 1, 2011 at 5:28 pm :
above comment at Ninja Writer. oops, forgot to press "reply". Technology fail.

fencer102 said...
Jun. 27, 2011 at 12:34 pm:
Great review! Both the movie  and the book were awesome! Twihards unite!!

BPHILLI replied...
Aug. 12, 2011 at 2:37 pm :

love all twilight movies and books!!!!!!!!!!!!!          

kristen stewart is the BEST!!

Jazper said...
Jun. 8, 2011 at 11:58 am:
Applauden. Fabuloso.

lil reeses1015 said...
Mar. 3, 2011 at 9:39 am:
still havent seen any of the movies and wont die if i dont see them in my life!!!!  but taylor lautner you are the cutest guy on the planet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fencer102 replied...
Jun. 27, 2011 at 12:35 pm :
You should really read the books. I guarantee you'll find something you like about it. Plus, after reading Twilight, you have to read New Moon which iis circulated around Taylor.

dramaqueenoftheworld said...
Oct. 3, 2010 at 10:38 am:
I agree that Robert Pattinon was good in his role, but Kristen was much better in films where she has a grittier role. Her perforancei n the Runaways was unforgettable.

annexgrey This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sept. 15, 2010 at 5:48 am:

I love your article - it's very well written and the words you use to convey your message flow together seamlessly. 

I have to say, the movie does have it's good side, even if the majority of my article is spent bashing it ;)
The problem is the more you watch it, the more it grows on you. :) 

dreamer#1)* said...
Mar. 10, 2010 at 8:28 pm:
you people are alot nicer to twilight than the people revewing the book

Ninja_Writer This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 2, 2010 at 9:58 pm :
Yeah and in another Twilight review I read the people just slaughtered the movie. I guess a lot of people hate Twilight (including me)

NinjaHummingbird replied...
Sept. 1, 2011 at 5:29 pm :

peaceluvver said...
Mar. 5, 2010 at 5:56 pm:
this is an awesome review!!!

AVATARBLUE said...
this movie was great and hoping the rest are as great as the first so hope to see more good twiligt movies to see
-AVATARBLUE

readlikecrazy10 said...
I was a little dissapointed in the movie, but it still almost makes me cry! Actually, I love Bella's Lullaby so much that I've been (prettymuch hopelessely) working on it for the piano. There IS something about it that makes it so unique- Carter Burwell is a genius, and so are you! Keep up the good work!!!!

don'treadlikecrazy replied...
May 24, 2010 at 3:13 pm :
if she is a genius what are you