Under the Same Moon (La Misma Luna) | Teen Ink

Under the Same Moon (La Misma Luna) MAG

“Under the Same Moon” is a heartwarming film reflecting the many migrant families who leave everything to pursue the American Dream. Rosario (Kate del Castillo) is a young mother who comes to America for a better job. She sends money back to Mexico for her mother, who is dying of cancer, and her son, Carlitos.

Carlitos misses his mother deeply and sometimes believes that she has forgotten him. When his grandma dies in her sleep, Carlitos is alone and ­decides to go find his mother in the United States. Undergoing many obstacles, he finally ­enters illegally. Will he find his mother?

“Under the Same Moon” is a phenomenal film ­reflecting the reality of the many people who illegally cross the border into the United States. It mirrors the stories of those who sacrifice everything to create better conditions for their families. Many people are unaware of the obstacles immigrants face and the treatment they receive once here. Through this film, viewers can see what ­immigrants experience. This movie is an eye-opener.

Perrynomalactivity BRONZE, San Gabriel, California
I would have to agree in saying it is a very heart-warming and enlightening story. Really puts into perspective on how much people are willing to do to reach out to their family members and be happy.

on Dec. 9 2011 at 8:06 am
beautifulspirit PLATINUM, Alpharetta, Georgia

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
--Eleanor Roosevelt

I loved this movie when I watched it in Spanish~ so much Carlitos endured to see his mother again!

I agree that this movie was eye opening, but the summary could have been more in depth.

frankiebaby said...
what is the name of the grandmother in the name of this movie?

NANA. said...
NANA., Calexico, California

It's ok. Just breathe :)

I love this movie!!!!

It has so much meaning!

starboy BRONZE said...
starboy BRONZE, Boise, Idaho
me and my mom love this movie so much it a perfect mom and son movie

Valery5 said...
on Apr. 23 2010 at 11:31 am
Valery5, Riverside, California

"What's bad for your heart is good for your art."

Everyone should see this movie. It's a great moive I LOVE IT!

Gagaga2010 said...
lol, we were watching this movie in spanish class! It's was a good movie too watch....