Under the Same Moon (La Misma Luna) This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

“Under the Same Moon” is a heartwarming film reflecting the many migrant families who leave everything to pursue the American Dream. Rosario (Kate del Castillo) is a young mother who comes to America for a better job. She sends money back to Mexico for her mother, who is dying of cancer, and her son, Carlitos.

Carlitos misses his mother deeply and sometimes believes that she has forgotten him. When his grandma dies in her sleep, Carlitos is alone and ­decides to go find his mother in the United States. Undergoing many obstacles, he finally ­enters illegally. Will he find his mother?

“Under the Same Moon” is a phenomenal film ­reflecting the reality of the many people who illegally cross the border into the United States. It mirrors the stories of those who sacrifice everything to create better conditions for their families. Many people are unaware of the obstacles immigrants face and the treatment they receive once here. Through this film, viewers can see what ­immigrants experience. This movie is an eye-opener.

Perrynomalactivity This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
today at 11:53 pm:
I would have to agree in saying it is a very heart-warming and enlightening story. Really puts into perspective on how much people are willing to do to reach out to their family members and be happy.

*beautiful*spirit*This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 9, 2011 at 8:06 am:
I loved this movie when I watched it in Spanish~ so much Carlitos endured to see his mother again!

ThePumpedUpCakezz said...
I agree that this movie was eye opening, but the summary could have been more in depth.

frankiebaby said...
Mar. 16, 2011 at 4:24 pm:
what is the name of the grandmother in the name of this movie?

Anime_freak1234This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...

I love this movie!!!!

It has so much meaning!

starboy said...
May 18, 2010 at 11:42 pm:
me and my mom love this movie so much it a perfect mom and son movie

Valery5This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 23, 2010 at 11:31 am:
Everyone should see this movie. It's a great moive I LOVE IT!

Gagaga2010 said...
May 20, 2009 at 1:44 pm:
lol, we were watching this movie in spanish class! It's was a good movie too watch....