Alice | Teen Ink

Alice MAG

This movie is R-rated. Those under 17 must be accompanied by an adult.

"Alice" is one of the funniest and most intelligent movies I have seen this year. It is about the wife of a successful executive (played by Mia Farrow). The couple has been married 16 years. Alice gave up her career to get married. Alice begins to have back pains and she is referred to a Chinese acupuncturist, who gives her a variety of herbs and hypnotizes her. Under the influence of the herbs, Alice asks out a man she met at her child's private elementary school. As the movie progresses, Alice has guilty feelings about cheating on her husband. But then she is given herbs that make her invisible, and she finds out that her husband was cheating on her, too.

The movie concludes with Alice in possession of a packet of herbs that will act as an instant aphrodisiac to any man who drinks it. The herbs are mistakenly put in a bowl of eggnog at her sister's Christmas party. As you might have guessed, every man at the party falls in love with Alice. Alice returns home with enough herbs to make her husband love her again. What she does with the herbs is for you to find out. I strongly recommend Woody Allen's latest creation. The whole movie is sprinkled with Allen's hilarious one-liners and biting social commentary. It is a must see for all Woody Allen fans and anyone who likes good movies. n