Radio Flyer | Teen Ink

Radio Flyer MAG

The recently released feature film, "Radio Flyer," was wonderfully directed by an up-and-coming young adolescent mind. This cinematic presentation is based on the pressures and fantasies young boys experience. Narrated by Tom Hanks, this drama is a nostalgic retrospect of his adolescent years. Hanks' character recalls his mother's abusive boyfriend who tormented the two young, helpless brothers. The kids have to cope with the decision of telling their overworked, grief-stricken mother about the oppression that her boyfriend inflicted on them. As the abuse continues, the boys extricate themselves from their entangled lifestyle. Their fantasy, which had lived deep in their hearts for the longest time, finally comes true!

This "flick" is based on a boy's obsession to fly. Two brothers show how the bonds of friendship are as strong as Super Glue. Considering the content of this movie, I would recommend this movie to your parents because you really have to finish your adolescence before you can fully appreciate it. n

Louie said...
I am trying to do an essay on the film and i need some facts on the main themes in th emovie and this website doesn't have much :(

Kelly said...
What do you mean?????

Louie said...
THis so does not have enough info!!!!