Home Alone 2 | Teen Ink

Home Alone 2 MAG

"Home Alone 2" is a funny and enjoyable holiday treat for the whole family. The beginning of this movie is very similar to its predecessor, except for the fact that Kevin isn't left at home this time; he gets separated from his family and ends up on the wrong airplane. This is when the real adventure begins. What do you think a ten-year-old boy would do all alone in New York City? The possibilities are endless, especially since Kevin happens to be stuck with his father's bag which contains all his money and credit cards. I thought being lost in a big city was funnier and more traumatic to watch than a young boy left in the comfort of his own home.

I think that this sequel is better than the first movie because it seems more creative and has a better plot. This film not only deals with two robbers who are outsmarted by Kevin McCallister (Macaulay Culkin), but also the traditions of Christmas. Kevin learns that there is more to this holiday than just gifts: he realizes that many people are less fortunate than he and he helps them. With kindness from his heart, he helps the youngsters in a children's hospital and he becomes friends with a homeless woman. This movie ends on a caring, funny, and happy note, but it would spoil the movie if I told you what happens.

I would recommend this movie to anyone who needs a good laugh, and wants to get into the holiday spirit. The beautiful scenes of New York City at Christmas time are well worth seeing. If you enjoy watching Macaulay Culkin perform and if you enjoyed the first movie, then I would recommend this film. I think that this is well worth your time, I give this movie HHHH. n

i love this so much!