Billy Madison | Teen Ink

Billy Madison

By Andreas Bailey BRONZE, Harmony, Pennsylvania
Andreas Bailey BRONZE, Harmony, Pennsylvania

T-T-T-T-TODAY JUNIOR!

This review is about a 1995 Universal Pictures movie named Billy Madison. This movie starred Adam Sandler a well-known actor. Tamra Davis directed this outrageously humorous film. The storyline was written by Adam Sandler and Tim Herlihy. This movie was so good that I wish they would come out with a sequel. The comedy is what makes the movie. One of the funniest parts of the movie is when Billy is in third grade one of the students is struggling to read aloud. Billy becomes frustrated and exclaims,”T-t-t-t-t-today, Junior!” His teacher grabs him by the ear and drags him into the hall telling him he was pitiful for making fun of a little kid for trying to read and if he didn’t be quiet during her class she would fail him. This movie was a motivating moving to me. Billy inspires us to never give up and fight for what you believe in.

This movie portrays a young, immature, wealthy son in a man’s body who lacks responsibility. His father owns a world famous hotel corporation that he would like to bequeath to his son Billy (played by Adam Sandler). Billy is prone to wild partying, excessive drinking, and selfish behavior. Billy’s father paid for him to graduate from high school. His dad makes a bet with a highly motivated employee that Billy could not graduate on his own merit. By attending each grade for one week passing and graduating the arrangement was made. Upon graduation the corporation would be transferred to Billy. The man involved in the bet believes that he is qualified to lead the hotel chain. This fellow makes repeated illegal efforts to derail Billy’s desire to finish school and take his rightful place as the one to inherit Madison Hotels. Billy has many problems to overcome. He even tries to get a date with his third grade teacher Ms. Vaughn. Billy must compete in a sporting events and in order to graduate a competitive debate. Billy appears to be conceited at first but makes friends easily and wins the admiration of his teachers and eventually his father. Billy decides to give the company to Frank one of his supporters. I find it very disappointing that there was no sequel to this wonderful movie. This movie was inspiring to me because Billy overcame his many obstacles in this movie.

I love Billy Madison.