The Devil's Own | Teen Ink

The Devil's Own MAG

"The Devil's Own" is about a former IRA gunrunner named Rory Devaney, played by Brad Pitt. He is trying to escape from the IRA and is wanted for murder, so he leaves Northern Ireland and comes to the United States. There, he hides out in the basement of a police officer named Tom O'Meara, played by Harrison Ford, who doesn't know his true identity.

The storyline is interesting although tedious at points and not completely together. There is a lot of tension and the story seems to build, but the ending is very dull, leaving you hanging. The characterization is good and you definitely have enough information on important characters by the climax.

Even though certain aspects of the movie are poor, the acting really comes through. Harrison Ford pulls off his role well. Brad Pitt, on the other hand, does a sufficient job acting out as his character, but cannot fake an Irish brogue well at all. The only reason it doesn't take away from the quality of the acting is that Pitt acts well. Some credit is deserved for his attempt, since it is a difficult accent to fake.

On the whole, it is a quality movie. The ending is lacking but it is redeemed by the excellent plot. So, it is an intriguing movie with the potential to be much better..

This movie is rated R. All those under 17 must be accompanied by an adult.