Evita | Teen Ink

Evita MAG

"You must love this movie." I recently viewed the box office hit "Evita" which features superstar Madonna and the sensational Antonio Banderas. Madonna portrays the seductive Eva Peron, who works her way to the top by using men with high social status she is "seeing." She finally reaches the top when she meets her future husband, the dictator of Argentina, Juan Peron. This movie depicts Eva's rise from the bottom while gaining the respect, adoration, and hearts of the citizens of Argentina. Eva Peron was one of the most powerful woman of all time, who practically ran Argentina single-handedly. This movie is based on the Broadway production which accurately portrayed the Eva's life.

Madonna has previously appeared in "Desperately Seeking Susan" and "A League of Their Own" but tops all these with her rendition of Evita. Skeptical critics were silenced as they gave her spectacular performance a well-deserved standing ovation.

Though there was never any question about co-star Antonio Banderas' acting ability with his performance in "Desperado," there were doubts about his singing ability. But, not to fear, he came through with a wonderful performance.

If you like musicals, this is the movie for you. The entire movie,with the exception of three lines, is creatively set to music. The soundtrack was in the top ten of best-selling soundtracks. So if you are looking for a movie that has broken the mold of modern films, be sure to rent "Evita."