Gattaca This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

"Gattaca" is a movie that is science fiction today but could be reality in the future. It starts out very mysteriously; you'll have no idea what you're looking at. They use microscopes to film some of the weird scenes. Ethan Hawke and Uma Thurman are great actors who play good 21st century characters.

"Gattaca" is primarily about one man's struggle to get a upper-class job in a futuristic society where only the people who are genetically engineered get desired jobs. All the people who are like Vincent Freeman (Ethan Hawke) are janitors or blue-collar workers who can never be anything else because they are not genetically enhanced. In "Gattaca," Vincent finds a way to get past society's limits - on the black market. He uses the identity of a genetically engineered guy, Jerome, who had been paralyzed in an accident. Through the rest of the movie, despite the problems he encounters, Vincent still makes it into Gattaca, a space port corporation. Once he gets in, he has to use blood and urine from Jerome to get past Gattaca's DNA tests.

Overall "Gattaca" is a very good movie that makes you think about what might happen in the future with genetic engineering and cloning. The story, though science fiction, seems very feasible and could happen in the near future

PitchBlack83 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 30, 2013 at 7:50 am
Oh, you didn't mention Jude Law! But I'd have to agree with your conclusion.