Meet the Parents | Teen Ink

Meet the Parents MAG

From the first pun to the last line, I was laughing outloud. Ben Stiller and Robert De Niro make the perfect pair for this comedy."Meet the Parents" was directed by Jay Roach ("AustinPowers"), so you know it's going to be good.

It all starts when GregFocker (Stiller) decides to propose to his girlfriend, Pam (Teri Polo), andrealizes it would help to ask her father first. They go to her parents' house forthe weekend, and anything and everything goes wrong, starting with the airlinelosing his bag with the engagement ring in it. Pam's father, Jack (De Niro),learns that Greg hates cats, which is practically a sin to him, especially sincehis cat, Jinx, is being trained to use the toilet instead of a litter box.Another joke throughout the movie is Stiller's character name.

From aridiculous prayer for the meal, knocking Jack's mother's ashes onto the floor (onwhich Jinx quickly relieves himself), to breaking Pam's sister's nose in poolvolleyball, backing up the plumbing, letting Jinx out of the house and settingthe house on fire, you simply won't stop laughing. This was one of the few recentmovies I have actually enjoyed, and would recommend it to anyone. All I can sayis, go see it!

i love this so much!