XXX This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Unknown
   "I wish I had a video camera!" shoutsXXX over the roar of the engine.

"Why?"asks Yelena, the driver.

"'Cause this is gonna be one hell of atrick!" grins XXX as he parachutes off the speeding car. He is soaring abovea missile headed to destroy cities around the world. There is little time beforeit activates. His parachute is attached to the missile that is carrying him at 80miles an hour. Suddenly XXX spots a bridge ahead. If he doesn't get to thatmissile before it goes under the bridge, the cord will be severed and XXX willnot be able to deactivate it.

If you've ever seen "The Fast and theFurious," you know what Vin Diesel is capable of. High-action stunts andplaying cool, calm characters are what he does best. If you thought the stuntswere good in "The Fast and the Furious," those in "XXX" arebigger, better and even more eye-popping.

Although extremely exciting, itdoesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that no real person could survive.Once you get past that, you can enjoy every jaw-dropping stunt - from driving acar off a bridge and parachuting to safety to riding a dirt bike off an explodingshack - Vin Diesel does it all.

We are first introduced to XXX when thegovernor arrives at a hotel party in a classy red sports car. As he gets out, hehands XXX (known better as Xander Cage) the keys, thinking he's a valet. Seizingthe opportunity, Cage drives away at top speed, to the dismayed shouts of thegovernor. As the police pursue, the audience sees XXX has a video camera in thecar and is taping everything. XXX explains to the video camera that the governorhad tried to ban video games and rap, making him a bad man.

"Youknow what we do to bad people?" asks XXX with a smile. "We punishthem." And with that he drives the car up a ramp and off the bridge. Cagesprings from the car and pulls his ready parachute. As the car explodes intooblivion, Cage lands safely feet away. There, his team is waiting to retrieve thecameras and drive him away. And so another successful Xander Cage crime isaccomplished.

One may ask what this has to do with XXX turning from wantedcriminal to secret agent. The CIA is trying to get information on a Russian namedYorgi (Marton Csokas) who is suspected of creating biological weapons. Manyagents have died and the head of the CIA (Samuel L. Jackson) has had enough. Heproposes that the CIA take a wanted criminal and send him after Yorgi. And so,with a little help from the CIA's top gadget man, XXX begins a thrillingadventure.

Another great aspect of this movie (in addition to the stunts)is that the characters often have little jokes that help keep the movie morelighthearted than other secret agent movies.

If you're looking for a movieto see this fall that's packed with adrenaline, stunts and action, see"XXX." Performances by Vin Diesel, Samuel L. Jackson, Marton Csokasand Asia Argento help make this movie one of the year's best.

callmeike said...
Mar. 21, 2012 at 10:48 pm:
This was a pretty solid review. Althought it had a few grammatical errors. But other than that it was fine. Well done!

GamerGirl said...
i love this move my dad let me watch it when i was 7 great review!

Will-Ed-Roe-IIIThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 21, 2012 at 7:12 pm :
Good review, just remember, there is a thing called a space bar in the middle of your keyboard. It was very distracting seeing wordslike that. Besides that is was fine.

ChloeAills said...
Dec. 6, 2009 at 1:04 am:
DessertEagle,
I know exactly what u mean! I was like OMG! lmbo

DessertEagle said...
THIS MOVIE IS THE BEST. THE ONLY SAD PART IS THAT HE DROVE OFF THE BRIDGE AND LEFT THE SWEET CAR TO DIE AND HIM TO FLOAT SAFELY WITH A PARACHUTE!