How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days | Teen Ink

How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days MAG

A writer for the how-to column of Composure magazine, Andie (Kate Hudson) isstruggling to be taken seriously. She wants to write about things that matter,like politics, but she's only allowed to write about shoes and fashion. Finally,she is given an assignment that just might win her the right to write aboutwhatever she pleases. Her job is to find a guy, do everything that girlstypically do wrong in relationships, and drive him away in ten days.

Shemeets Ben (Matthew McConaughey) in a bar and, coincidentally, he has made a betthat he can get a girl to fall in love with him in ten days. If he wins, he willget the deal of a lifetime with the world's biggest diamond distributor.

Andie is clingy, needy and intrusive. She asks Ben to get her a soda -no, make that a diet soda - at the best part of a Knicks game, redecorates hisapartment with teddy bears, and drags him to couples therapy. Despite everything,Andie is unable to shake him, and when they go to Long Island to meet Ben'sfamily, they fall in love.

"How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days" iscute, funny and thoroughly enjoyable. Hudson and McConaughey bring a charmingambiance to the screen, and the film's only fault is the unrealistic way theyfall in love. On their visit to Long Island, Andie suddenly drops her act andbecomes the cool, sweet girl she really is, and presto, they're in love. It's alittle too fast to be believable. Otherwise, it's a delightful, perky movie.