A League of Their Own | Teen Ink

A League of Their Own MAG

When you think of baseball, you think ofhome runs, the World Series and ... girls? While the boys are offfighting in World War II, the All-American Girls Professional BaseballLeague is established. After a slow start, the league is in danger offolding. Since baseball is the only thing many of these women have, theydo all they can to continue.

“A League of Their Own”was a hit at the box office. This sports drama displays the true meaningof baseball, showing that it is not only about winning, but also abouthaving fun. Throughout, there is a mix of comedic and serious scenes,which keeps it interesting.

The plot makes this a must-seemovie. The performances are outstanding; Rosie O’Donnell andMadonna are positive additions for the comedic scenes. The sisters Kitand Dottie (played by Geena Davis and Lori Petty) have a love/haterelationship many of us can relate to. Jimmy Dugan (Tom Hanks) comesinto the movie as a harsh, drunk of a coach who doesn’t care abouthis players, but leaves as a caring man who makes a sacrifice for thegirls.

“A League of Their Own” gives the viewer atrue picture of what baseball is all about. The girls’ and Mr.Dugan’s lives change because of the sport. For the women, baseballis all they have. Doris would have gone back to being a bouncer withlittle pay if it weren’t for the league. Through baseball,Kit and Dottie reunite and are again happy. “All the way”May has nothing left except this sport.

This is a movie with agreat plot, actors and symbolism. It is realistic as well as funny. Makesure you see it!

i love this so much!