Coach Carter This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

“Coach Carter” is based on a true story and is one of my favorite films.

Samuel L. Jackson plays Coach Ken Carter, a real-life coach who teaches a high-school basketball team much more than just ball skills. He helps his players overcome their harsh environment filled with drugs and gangs so that they can reach for the future. Coach Carter also helps them focus on important things like their education in a high school where the teachers aren’t very cooperative.

When some members of the undefeated team don’t follow their contract and do poorly in school, Coach closes the gym, cancels practice and forfeits games, which outrages the parents and community. To end the “lock out” the teammates must improve their grades.

This film is packed with exciting basketball games and realistic conflicts. For example, one player’s girlfriend is dealing with her pregnancy while another player faces drug issues. “Coach Carter” is also filled with excitement, it’s a movie you can relate to and learn from. I’m very happy I saw this movie and hope everyone can enjoy it. .

GREAT said...
Great job but need more facts.

BobbyTheCool said...
Mar. 21, 2009 at 5:29 pm:
AWSOME HELPED ME WITH SCHOOL I IDDNT HAVE TO READ THE BOOK OR WATCH THE MOVIE TY SO MUCH