V for Vendetta | Teen Ink

V for Vendetta MAG

A cape swishes in the night. A gang of power-hungry government agents stop an attractive woman with less than honorable intentions. The masked hero saves the woman and ... speaks eloquently with impressive alliteration? In character, V of the new movie from the Wachowski brothers is unlike any other hero we’ve seen in recent years.

“V for Vendetta” is set in a near-future Britain. A horrid virus has been unleashed, the people live in close quarters, and their leader has risen to a near totalitarian reign. The character V is the terrorist who wears a Guy Fawkes mask and wants to bring down the government. This movie is a stylish and sophisticated thriller, while conveying a real message.

Natalie Portman gives a brilliant performance as Evey, a woman with a troubled past who now works in Britain’s largest news station and has rebellious feelings for her government. Hugo Weaving’s performance as V seems almost over-the-top and even cartoony. You can also easily see the Wachowski brothers’ presence in this film. The action sequences are stylish and well executed. “V for Vendetta” is a smart thriller with a real message, conveyed in an entertaining way.

on Apr. 13 2012 at 6:15 am
AnnabelLee423 SILVER, Somewhere, Other

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

I just loved this movie. I loved V, I love Evey, I loved everything. It managed to awaken me in some way. To raise my conciousness. I do not want to be a terrorist, but I would like so much to make my voice be heard...

Thank you V!

You become my hero!!

on Mar. 22 2012 at 6:45 am
beautifulspirit PLATINUM, Alpharetta, Georgia

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
--Eleanor Roosevelt

Great review---you've described V as he is in the film. V is a new kind of hero, determined to bring down the country's government. He is stealth, smooth, strong and comical in some scenes. V for Vendetta is a thriller that will keep you on the edge of your seat, wanting more.