Grown Ups 2

By Ender2 PLATINUM, Hemet, California
Ender2 PLATINUM, Hemet, California

"If I cannot inspire love, I will cause fear!"

How could Adam Sandler stoop so low as a comedian, actor, writer, producer, and human being to put forth this movie? The original Grown Ups was a beautiful success: witty, heart-warming, and original. But this over-produced, over-rated, semi-pornographic sequel was horrific. However, if you enjoy fart jokes and nonsensical and unrealistic "comedy" of this upcoming generation, then grab you popcorn, take a seat, and get ready, because you're in for a treat. From the cheap laundry toss in the beginning, to the unnecessary Kmart journey, to the final battle with frat-boys, this movie reeked of mediocrity. I'm surprised that my ticket didn't come with a Honey BooBoo-like scratch and sniff card or 3-D glasses. Grown Ups 2 had a high bar set because of the original's creativity, likability, and humor; this sequel had no option but to fail.

This review sounds harsh, but the movie really disappointed me. I felt obligated to warn people not to set high expectations for seeing this film based on Grown Up's original success.

SciArc

MacMillan Books

Aspiring Writer? Take Our Online Course!