Les Miserables | Teen Ink

Les Miserables

By Sanaalt08 GOLD, Irving, Texas
Sanaalt08 GOLD, Irving, Texas

A “musical sensation”, “Les Miserables” is even more loved now that it has been remade in 2012. Starring Anne Hathaway, Hugh Jackman, Amanda Seyfried, Russell Crowe, and Eddie Redmayne, “Les Miserables” is known for it’s amazing acting and music. The musical dialogue and filming style is similar to the musical “The Phantom of the Opera”.
“Les Miserables” begins by showing the prisoner Jean Valjean being released and tries to find work, but is rejected until he is taken in by a bishop. Valjean tries to steal his silver and caught, but the bishop told him he could keep it. Valjean then breaks parole and the high guard at the prison, Javert, seeks him endlessly for justice. Valjean finds a widow named Fantine, who is poor and sick, and takes her to the hospital. Fantine dies, and Valjean raises her daughter Cosette as his own. Years later, a group of commoners plan a rebellion (keep in mind this is after the French Revolution, yet a new tyrant has come to power) and Cosette falls in love with a young man named Marius, who is also loved by a girl named Eponine.If you love music, drama, action, and romance, this is the movie for you. “Les Miserables” was so moving that I and many others almost cried. Not only was the music beautiful, but the acting was very superb. I would give this movie a billion stars if i could, but in the mean time I’ll give it five stars. You should watch it if you haven't already.