Wonder Boys This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

There’s nothing to wonder about when it comes to deciding about renting “Wonder Boys.” Director Curtis Hanson and screenwriter Steven Kloves have transformed Michael Chabon’s novel into a monumental film while remaining true to its melancholy details. One of the novel’s most enhancing details is its Pittsburgh setting and the great cinematography that brings this unpredictable city to life.

Professor Grady Tripp (Michael Douglas) will have you wondering: “How much can go wrong in one weekend?” The answer includes his wife leaving; his unconventional editor stopping by to catch a glimpse of the book he’s been waiting for for seven years; his mistress being pregnant; and James Leer (Tobey Maguire), the oddest student he’s ever taught, sleeping on his couch. All Grady has to resolve these problems with is a stolen car, a baggie of marijuana, and his hilarious humbug humor.

If this movie doesn’t make you laugh, you should check your pulse.

Lily">This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 1:55 pm
i love this so much!