Borat | Teen Ink

Borat MAG

By Anonymous

     A Briton playing a journalist from Kazakhstan comes to America to learn about our culture - whose sick idea was this? How much time did this guy have on his hands? Yes, the mockumentary comedy is funny, but honestly, it’s not even a real film. It should be considered a home movie made by would-be actor Sacha Baron Cohen as Borat, a character who does nothing but insult and cause problems for people for nearly two and a half hours. To think that this movie was actually number one at the box office is mind blowing.

Has America’s standards for talent fallen so low that we accept and laud such a “movie?” I would beat Borat to a bloody pulp if he had done that to me and I am sure that most of America would agree with me that he is undeserving of the fame he is receiving, especially his Golden Globe for Best Actor in a Comedy. The whole movie is fueled by humiliating people on a national level.

Movies are supposed to reward the amount of work and talent put into them. This poor excuse for a movie is an embarrassment to every comedy ever made.

I plead with you, America, don’t let your expectations be lowered because a guy makes an idiot of himself for our amusement. Imagine how you would feel if you were on the other side of his antics. The lack of talent in this movie is appalling and if it receives any nominations for an Oscar I will lose all faith in the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.

This movie is rated R.