The Bourne Ultimatum | Teen Ink

The Bourne Ultimatum MAG

By Anonymous

      “The Bourne Ultimatum” is the final film in the trilogy of thrillers loosely based on the novels of Robert Ludlum. However, this third installment differs quite drastically from the novel.

Once again, Matt Damon is phenomenal playing Jason Bourne, whose intellect and cunning are shown throughout the film. For example he is able to pass under the watchful eye of the CIA without so much as a trace. In addition, his combat skills are exceptional. Several times during the movie, Bourne is vastly outnumbered but always seems to get out of any situation, either with skillful fighting or deceitful flight.

“The Bourne Ultimatum” resumes where “The Bourne Supremacy” left off. Jason Bourne is looking for his real identity prior to becoming involved in the top-secret Treadstone Project. He goes through just about everything and everyone to discover what his life was like before and what the point of the project really was. In his journey, spanning several European countries, Morocco, and even the hectic streets of New York City, Bourne misleads the CIA and deceives several assassins.

I highly recommend this movie for anyone who likes action, suspense, or just wants to see a good movie. The themes of trepidation, conflict, and deception are prevalent, making for a terrific movie with enormous potential for even more sequels.