Becoming “That Kid From The Hunger Games” | Teen Ink

Becoming “That Kid From The Hunger Games”

By fortunenicole12 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
fortunenicole12 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

Ethan Jamieson may look like your ordinary 14 year-old freshman from Raleigh, NC. But in the infamous movie The Hunger Games, Ethan is known as “the boy from district 4.”

The Hunger Games, is a movie based on a book series by Suzanne Collins. The movies plot takes place in a post-apoctolyptic nation of Panem. Panem consist of twelve districts, district one being the wealthiet and district twelve the least. Each year, one boy and one girl between the ages of 13 and 18 are chosen to compete in a televised battle to death. The last one standing, wins. Though Katniss was the main character in the film, Jamieson stuck out.

Jamieson, a young boy from North Carolina landed a small roll in the film. He got the part, Jamieson said, “I submitted a video audition. Two weeks later, I got a call saying I would be the boy tribute form District 4. In the summer of, I spent five weeks of filming.”
As an everyday kid, going from pools and cookouts to filming a movie everyday for five weeks, it must have been intense. Jamieson said, “we were doing a lot of running while wearing pants and jackets in 95-degree weather. We spent almost two weeks working on it.”

The Hunger Games had some of the best movie ratings of 2012, when Scoop asked Ethan how the experience changed his life, he said “I’m only in the movie for a minute, but the whole experience has been crazy! Now when I’m at school, people notice “that kid form The Hunger Games.”