Katy Perry: Part of Me | Teen Ink

Katy Perry: Part of Me

By lfoxy00 BRONZE, Bedell, Other
lfoxy00 BRONZE, Bedell, Other

Katy Perry: Part of Me Review

Courage. Most would love to assume they have it but when it comes down to the final count, majority of society doesn't bare such a powerful virtue. Outside of this box reveals Katy Perry, a stunning American musician who opened her fans up to her life in her Part of Me tour documentary.

Katy showed exclusive backstage footage and extended the knowledge of any normal citizen regarding the life of superstars. In my opinion, Katy is extremely brave and courageous in allowing this movie to be filmed, because as a viewer, I experienced and felt every emotion and stress that she felt, although on a much smaller scale.

This film shows the ups and downs of not only life, but super-stardom, relationships and traveling. Katy was so courageous to share footage of everything, including the bad times too. To me, this has shown me that stars and musicians don't only care about money, they care about real things.

Ms. Perry is also shown to be very caring and outgoing and this is very visible in this production. For example, when asked if she'd rather take a 15 minute power-nap or start the show, she chose to start the show despite her exhaustion because if she slept for that 15 minutes, her fans would miss the meet and greet. This showed me compassion also, which proves that not all celebrities are obsessed with themselves and self-centered.

Something that struck me by surprise was that Katy is actually religious. Not by tradition, per say, but she has proven that she believes in God. Growing up in a religious family, Katy has shown courage by crossing that line and being herself, and not the cookie cutter innocent religious school girl. By Katy making that brave choice, she has transformed the lives of millions of people all over that world, and for that we thank her.

Katy has given so many young girls like me inspiration and courage to be ourselves, so I wrote this as a thank you and tribute to her ongoing legacy.

on Jul. 29 2013 at 8:35 pm
TaylorWintry DIAMOND, Carrollton, Texas

"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there's a light shining somewhere nearby." - Unknown

Very good for a movie review. Usually, vagueness in writing isn't what publishers/audiences look for, but for a review, it's spot-on perfect. Nice job.