Taken | Teen Ink

Taken

By Seohee BRONZE, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Seohee BRONZE, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

The movie that I watched recently is “Taken”. It is a thriller movie. Bryan is Kim’s dad who is divorced from his wife. His daughter is living with her mom and rich step-father. Bryan is a spy who is hired by the U.S. government. Obviously, he is a good fighter. One day Kim, his daughter, went to Paris to see a special concert tour, but she was abducted right after she got there. Bryan was aware that she was taken because she was talking to him on the cell phone when it happened. He flew to Paris directly. He did anything he could do to save her. Some things he did broke many laws, but nothing would stop him from saving his daughter.

I could feel the affection of the dad for his daughter. Probably every father would take the same actions if they were in the same situation. Around the world, in every culture there is always a special bond between a father and daughter. The movie showed how much a father loves his daughter. It really touched my heart. Even though it was thriller, we can all be connected to the movie through her father’s love. Every scene shows how eager he is to find her.

The reasons why I recommend this movie and want people to see it are because there are so many awesome stunts and dangerous actions alongside of the tender feelings of a dad who loves his daughter. Everyone can relate to this, no matter where you are from. The tension in the movie is constant and never lets up, so you don’t have even a minute to feel bored or distracted. When I was watching this movie, I could not take my eyes off the screen until the very end.

Finally, he is able to rescue her and get her out of the bad situation. The audience can experience at last the passion between them in their reunion. The movie lets you feel what he feels in his heart. Nothing is more important than great character development in the script, and “Taken” does this very well. The viewer feels as if they know these people intimately by the end, so they can experience all the emotions first hand. When it comes to the movie, “Taken”, it is a pretty intense movie.