Silver Linings Playbook This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

If I'm being honest, and I am, there is only one word to describe David O. Russell's Oscar-nominated film, “Silver Linings Playbook” and that word is: Perfection.

Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper's Academy Award-nominated performances as two slightly insane small-town people willing to help one another out, are simply delightful.

The film had me holding my breath, laughing out loud and wiping away tears. Bradley Cooper takes on Patrick (a.k.a. Pat), a bipolar man returning to his mother and father's house, played by Jacki Weaver and Robert De Niro, after an eight-month period in a psychiatric facility.

A day or two later, Patrick meets Tiffany, a recently widowed woman with a little bit of crazy in her. Since Pat is completely devoted to his (ex)-wife, Nikki, he and Tiffany decide to become friends and agree help each other out. Pat needs help with Nikki, Tiffany needs someone to be her partner for a dance competition. It's a win-win situation.

With laugh-out-loud moments like a dinner discussing meds and another involving Raisin Bran and tea, “Silver Linings Playbook” is a wonderfully sweet-and-spicy comedy with a perfect cast and exceptionally written characters.

From Danny (Chris Tucker), a recurring escaped mental patient to Ronnie (John Ortiz), Pat's best friend stuck in a loveless marriage, every character is shaped to perfection.

The film has been nominated for several Academy Awards including Best Actress (Jennifer Lawrence), Best Actor (Bradley Cooper), Best ­Supporting Actor (Robert De Niro), Best Supporting Actress (Jacki Weaver), Best Director (David O. Russell) and Best Picture.

From my best professional opinion, I definitely recommend this film. You won't regret it, believe me, it'll be the silver lining of your day.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 7, 2013 at 6:42 pm:
I loved this film too. It was wonderful. Lawrence was spectacular and deserved the Oscar.

BeeFish This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 11, 2013 at 3:25 am :
Isn't it wonderful? I just re-watched it and it was even better than the first time! Thanks for reading and commenting :)

sashafor said...
Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:04 pm:
Great review!  I love the movie too!  :)  I like how you put the words so eloquently 

Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:05 am :
Thank you so much! That really means a lot! :)