Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows | Teen Ink

Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows

December 18, 2011
By ShadowOfMyLife BRONZE, Appleton, Wisconsin
ShadowOfMyLife BRONZE, Appleton, Wisconsin
3 articles 1 photo 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
Darkness is not merely the absents of light, but the destruction of hope.

The only water in the forest is the River


I recently went to see Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows with my friends for a birthday party. We had all been fans of the first movie and were very excited for the next one. We were blown away by it, I cried 3 times through out the movie and my friend nearly cried. The third time I was literally sobbing and totally distraught. The person next to me was visibly irritated by us and at that point we didn't care. We were too engrossed in the movie. The movie was a masterpiece. It incorporated adventure, suspense, stress, and relationships. It kept you on the edge on your seat waiting for what would happen to our beloved Sherlock Holmes. Robert Downey Jr.'s performance was magnificent. He caught the essence of Sherlock and Jude Law was the perfect companion. These two men had visible chemistry that you need to establish a relationship between partners. The big bad guy Professor Moriarty portrayed by Jared Harris was as evil as he was brilliant. It made you hate him but yet be fascinated by him. The movie kept attention with it's humor and action. You get the good old Sherlock humor similar to the first movies and all the fighting scenes that make you gasp in horror and occasionally laugh. The ending of this movie was unexpected and left it wide open for a third movie which I fully expect to be coming out. I would recommend this movie to anyone and everyone.