Twilight | Teen Ink

Twilight

October 15, 2011
By holdendeman BRONZE, Whitney Point, New York
holdendeman BRONZE, Whitney Point, New York
1 article 14 photos 10 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Friendship is like peeing on yourself. Everyone can see it, but only you experience the warm feelings it brings.
"Don't pity the dead, pity the living."


The legendary movie "Twilight," written by Stephanie Meyer, is a famous series that captivates it's audience at first sight.
And when I say "audience," I mean a pack of teenage girls that would claw their way to live the dramatic fantasy.
From cunning vampires to lusting werewolves, one word I can easily describe the saga is simply "ridiculous." Meyer either began writing a sappy children's book or tried to model the true legend that is Harry Potter.
One part of the first movie that disgusts me is the actress, Kristen Stuart, who plays the indecisive Bella Swan. The main job in her part is to frolic around the forest with Robert Pattinson, who plays Edward Cullen. She reminds many of a bunny rabbit, her mouth gaping open a large fraction of the movie. At first sight I thought this was why "Edwart" continuously ditched her, claiming to not want to suck her blood until the last drop has drained from her already pale body. Talk about romantic!
Also, I found the movie to be quite boring. Continuous begs to go away, constant tree jumping and forest frolicking, and even a painful match of vampire baseball.
Wake up, girls. If Edward or Jacob Black, who is played by Taylor Lautner, were ugly, at first sight you would be sent running. What keeps you coming back for more is the constant drama of who Bella will run to next.
Overall, I give Twilight a double thumbs down, down all the way to the devil. Although a reenactment may be amusing!