Peter Pan | Teen Ink

Peter Pan

By ellie12 BRONZE, Bexley, Ohio
ellie12 BRONZE, Bexley, Ohio

Timeless, a story to be told for ages; Peter Pan is a classic tale of childhood adventure and the thought of never growing up.
The storyline of Peter Pan is far from boring. Through Peter’s numerous boyish fights between his only enemy, Captain Hook, he shows that fantasies and what seems to be childhood stories are some person’s reality. Peter, a young boy who refuses to age, and his friends the Lost Boys bring dreams to life through their adventures in Never Land. Tiger Lily, the Mermaids, and Red Man only deepen the plot adding side conflicts giving the story more layers. For example, at one point in the movie the Indians and the Lost Boys play their hunting game, only to be blamed for kidnapping Tiger Lily, the chief’s daughter.
What could have been a dull story of a classic hero is amped up into a tale of multiple rescues and close call deaths. The Darling family, consisting of Wendy, Michael, and John, contradicts Peter’s original thoughts of maturity and makes him and his Lost Boys reconsider their stay in Never Land and whether or not to go home to their families and grow up.
Although songs come in small numbers, their quality makes up for their lack of quantity. From the catchy lyrics of “Following the Leader” to the soothing melody of “Second Star to the Right”, the wide range makes the movie unique. Giving each song a different sound keeps the viewer in focus, because it has not previously been heard. All are catchy, easy to understand, and exceptionally easy to sing along!

Peter Pan may not be the newest, most spectacular, action packed film, but this movie is a classic and most definitely worth the time to watch, or in some cases, watch again. It gives viewer a glimpse of the past and can has relativity no matter what age.

on Feb. 24 2011 at 1:36 pm
OMG THIS IS SO GOOD U SHUD BE A RIGHTER

lil boo said...
on Feb. 24 2011 at 9:41 am
I LOVE PETER PAN! BEST MOVIE EVER :) YOU KNOW IT! THX FOR PUTTING THIS REVIEW UP HERE I LOVE IT!