Lord of the Rings Trilogy

By Sam_Wolfe SILVER, Staten Island, New York
Sam_Wolfe SILVER, Staten Island, New York

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain."

The Lord of the Rings movie trilogy is based on the books written by J.R.R Tolkien. They are awesome movies and have a great story line. Director, Peter Jackson had all the effects done wonderfully and skillfully arranged the scenes. It takes place in medieval times in Middle Earth. It all begins with Sauron forging the great ring of power. Sauron is then killed in the flesh, but his life and power are bound to the ring, so as long as the ring suvives so does Sauron.
After a failed attempt is made to destroy the ring it sinks to the bottom of a lake and there it remains for houndreds of years. It is then discovered by a hobbit named smegol (who later is corrupted by the ring and changes his name to gollum). He then loses it to another hobbit(Bilbo), Who ends up giving it to his nephew(Frodo). With help by Gandalf the wizard, he escapes the nazgul,(Creatures who used to be men, but were corrupted by the ring and their desire for power),and gets the ring to Rivendell(The land of the elves). There Lord Elrond(an elf)calls a meeting to discern who will have the task of taking the ring to mount doom in Mordor(the only place were it can be destroyed). Frodo accepts this task and the fellowship is formed. With the help of his friends Frodo journeys to mount doom. The fate of Middle Earth is is left up to him. I'm not going to tell the ending, but this was a great movie with lots of action, romance, and true friendship.Oh yeah and there's a giant spider! lol. They are broken up into three movies,The Fellowship of the Ring, The two Towers, and The Return of The King. I would highly recommend these movies!

I hope this will encourage more people to watch these movies and I pretty much just wanted to write a review for people who may not have seen the movie!Btw, the drawing of Aragorn I put next to the articles is amazing! I compared it with the picture on the Return of the King poster and it looks exact!

on Mar. 12 2011 at 11:32 am

I'm pretty sure river dweller is a certain type of hobbit. And in the movie, As this is what I'm refering to, not the book. They said he was.

Estela13 said...
on Mar. 10 2011 at 8:30 am
smegol is not a hobbit! he is a river dweller. something like a hobbit. really please get your facts straight

on Mar. 1 2011 at 10:31 am

Cool! I totally wanna look into that!

TeaganOlivia said...
on Feb. 28 2011 at 1:35 pm
TeaganOlivia, Someplace, Michigan

Today is Yesterday's Tomorrow.
Certainty of death, small chance of success... What are we waiting for? :D ♥
Pippin: "Anyways you need people of intelligence on this sort of...mission. Quest. Thing."
Merry: "Well that rules you out Pip," :D ♥
There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other."
---Douglas Everett

I got mine off amazon it was only like 20$

on Feb. 28 2011 at 8:26 am

That's so awesome! how much did it cost? If you buy it from the movie cataloge it's like $80.

TeaganOlivia said...
on Feb. 23 2011 at 3:15 pm
TeaganOlivia, Someplace, Michigan

Today is Yesterday's Tomorrow.
---Douglas Everett

I just got Arwens necklace in the mail a few days ago. I ordered it off amazon. It so cool!!!!!

on Jan. 16 2011 at 1:17 pm

yeah! <3

on Jan. 16 2011 at 6:56 am
SunnySummers GOLD, New York, New York
They do! But in Middle Earth! (And our minds and hearts!!)

on Jan. 15 2011 at 11:03 am

YEAH that would b awesome! i'm so sad they don't exist! :(

on Jan. 15 2011 at 10:21 am
SunnySummers GOLD, New York, New York
Yeah Sam is my favorite, although I'm not an LOTR fanatic. I do really like the movies though and would love to read the books!! Forget about meeting the actors though! If I could meet the CHARACTERS that would really be something lol! =D

TeaganOlivia said...
on Jan. 12 2011 at 12:06 pm
TeaganOlivia, Someplace, Michigan

Today is Yesterday's Tomorrow.
---Douglas Everett

No I'm not sure what it is, sorry!!

on Jan. 12 2011 at 7:30 am

BTW, do you know what LOTR online is? I keep seeing ads for it.

TeaganOlivia said...
on Jan. 11 2011 at 1:27 pm
TeaganOlivia, Someplace, Michigan

Today is Yesterday's Tomorrow.
---Douglas Everett

COOL!!!! :D

on Jan. 11 2011 at 1:17 pm

OMG, I just recieved one of my soundtracks recently and it comes with special stuff! I just changed my desktop backround to the black gate! lol

TeaganOlivia said...
on Jan. 11 2011 at 12:09 pm
TeaganOlivia, Someplace, Michigan

Today is Yesterday's Tomorrow.
---Douglas Everett

The Legend of Ethelred and Ilowyn is kinda like LOTR. Thanks!!!!

on Jan. 11 2011 at 10:52 am

Hey, I read the eyes of an elf and the two parts of defying dragons, I don't have time to read the rest right now but those are amazing, If you ever publish a book I totally want to read it!

on Jan. 11 2011 at 10:35 am

That's AWESOME! Is it gonna be a LOTR sorta thing? If it is or has dragons I"m gonna read it when you put it up LOL.

TeaganOlivia said...
on Jan. 11 2011 at 10:22 am
TeaganOlivia, Someplace, Michigan

Today is Yesterday's Tomorrow.
---Douglas Everett

I love Brego hes my FAVE!!! Wow!! We are really similar!! Haha :)!!!! I have writing on this site. My fave is the Eyes of an Elf. I am writing a story in parts right now called the Legend of Ethelred and Ilowyn, but I havent put it up yet!!

on Jan. 11 2011 at 9:59 am

I know I can't wait! I think there R going to be two hobbit movies, and i hope there will be! I totaly agree, although I do like frodo, he would have failed so early on if sam hadn't been with him! I REALY like Orlando Bloom and Viggo Mortensen! Legolas and aragorn are two of my favorite characters! who's horse do you like best? I really like aragorn's horse(Brego), Gandalf's horse(shadowfax), and Arwen's horse(the white one who's name I know not! lol). I love ur fave quotes! Check out my profile page, it's kinda simular to urs! I have quotes from LOTR too! BTW, do you have writing on the site?

TeaganOlivia said...
on Jan. 11 2011 at 9:52 am
TeaganOlivia, Someplace, Michigan

Today is Yesterday's Tomorrow.
---Douglas Everett

I am not sure what her rings name is, but I am sure ur right! :) It would be sweet to meet the actors ecspecially Viggo Mortesen(hes my favorite) and Oralndo Bloom. Oh, and Sean Astin(Because I personally believe that Frodo is not the true hero of LOTR, its Sam!) I really like Aragorns ring to! I cant wait until the Hobbit comes out in December of 2012!! Its gonna be epic!!!

Swoon Reads

Aspiring Writer? Take Our Online Course!